You’ve arrived! Welcome to Rotterdam. We thought it might be useful for you to have some local information, to help you in your first weeks here, and we hope you will find these notes helpful. Don’t forget that Monika at the UEN office (email@example.com) is very willing to assist you, too, so do contact her if you need further help.
We hope that the information given here is accurate, but we do not accept responsibility in the event of errors or omissions, or any problems with tradesmen. We strongly recommend that you obtain at least two or three written quotations for any work to be done and ask neighbors and colleagues for recommendations as well.
Here are some very useful links:
- https://rotterdamexpatcentre.nl/ – indepth information for expats moving to Rotterdam
- https://www.meetup.com/nl-NL/Expat-Lounge-Rotterdam/?chapter_analytics_code=UA-92419803-2, Expat Lounge Rotterdam, a group of expat that interact socially, monthly afterwork meetups, sports, cooking events and more.
- http://intouchexpats.com/– InTouch is an informal, friendly expatriate social group that aims to help English-speaking people and their families to make friends and settle into life in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- http://iwcrotterdam.com/– The International Women’s Club of Rotterdam(Pickwick Club) is a social meeting place for women of all ages and backgrounds with English as a common denominator.
- http://www.access-nl.org/ ACCESS is an independent not-for-profit organisation serving internationals to successfully settle in the Netherlands