(Cucumber and mint salad)
A refreshing dish that usually takes place of a plate of salad. Very refreshing on hot summer days. Can be used as an appetizer or as a dip.
- 4 cups (2kg) plain yogurt
- 5-6 medium cucumbers, peeled and diced very small
- 3 cloves garlic, diced very small
- 2tablespoons ground and dried mint
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place yoghurt in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, except salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Add water until required consistency is achieved.
- Stir in some salt, taste and add more if required.
- Chill in refrigerator for about two hours before serving.