What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Here are some guidelines you must follow:
- Respect the dignity and rights of your colleagues and those you come into contact with as part of your job.
- Remain polite and respectful of the feelings and beliefs of others.
- Post comments that are honest and accurate.
- Keep comments concise, relevant and on topic.
- Write anything which could be considered offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting. This includes any form of harassment or bullying particularly if motivated by gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, position in the organisation or otherwise.
- Distribute offensive material, misuse personal information or spread rumours.
- Make statements which defame, slander or lower the reputation of any person or entity or their goods or services.
- Share confidential data – or personal information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Unilever Expatriate Network
Phone: 010 522-4377 with answering machine
Unilever Expatriate Network
The Netherlands (please ask Monika for the full address)
The Network Office is run by Monika Voster email@example.com . She can put you in touch with any person in the network, provided that the member concerned has given her/his agreement to release personal data.